Monday, October 25, 2010

Dragon Art Evolution Review

Kid books are SO fun to review! First on our list is DragonArt Evolution: How to Draw Everything Dragon.

What Fun! There are over 20 different dragons broken into easy diagrams in addition to countless step-by-step instructions on scales, eyes, wings, etc. The construction of each drawing makes so much more sense when you look at their basic shapes. I so wish I had learned to draw this way. I am a decent sketcher/artist but each drawing for me takes forever to complete as I tend to focus on the overall picture instead of the basic shapes within the object.

When I applied the rules for the drawings, I tried to be fast and just go with the descriptions. It was a piece of CAKE. I totally whipped out a dragon's head in about 2 minutes with a pen (I didn't want to let myself erase and erase and perfect it). It is SO cool. Perfect for a kid of about 9 and up who is interested in drawing or mythological creatures. I'd definitely recommend this one for a Christmas or birthday present!

Check back tomorrow for another kid book review!

No comments:

Post a Comment