Saturday, April 7, 2012

Consider Grammarly.com

This may be difficult for you to read. Avert your eyes if you are easily shocked...

I am not perfect.

I KNOW! It's crushing to learn that your idols aren't always what they're cracked up to be, but I never asked to be put upon your pedestal. :)

Considering how it's quite obvious that I am anything but perfect (Thank God. Perfection sounds like torture), it's fabulous to find sites designed to aid those of us who may struggle through Life (i.e. EVERYONE). One website that is worth considering is Grammarly.com. Grammarly, an online grammar checker, goes a step further than your basic spell check and grammar check. Grammarly offers help with those steps, and also for more obscure assistance. Check out this page where it suggests alterations within different sentences to improve the flow and structure of the author's thoughts. Your basic grammar checker doesn't cover that!

One unique feature that I intend to employ with my own homeschooled children will be the the help it provides in avoiding plagiarism (either unintended or purposeful). Grammarly can assist in checking for originality and generating citations. My eldest is nearing the high school years and needs to improve his report skills. Writing with the assistance of Grammarly.com sounds like a whole lot easier than typing on an electric typewriter like his mom used to do...


*disclaimer: This is a compensated post but all words remain my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment