Monday, July 6, 2009

Why is My Mother Getting a Tattoo Review


There are some books you read that just flow, you know? There are authors who write in a style that makes you believe you're actually having a conversation with them. While reading Jancee Dunn's new book, Why is My Mother Getting a Tattoo? And Other Questions I Wish I Never Had To Ask, I found myself wishing she WAS in front of me, telling me these hysterical stories from her life as we drank a cup of coffee. I found myself wanting to meet not only her parents and sisters, but also her friend, Julie. I loved listening to the monologues of someone who understands that the situations we experience are only half of the story; the other half (the half that keeps you reading) is the method with which the story is told. Her unique interpretations are what made me fall in love with every single person in her book.

Though, I WAS a little put out that she ended it before her baby was born! NOW I'm left to stalk her on the internet to see if she had a boy or girl and how that is going for her. (Should make for a whole new slew of humorous memoirs!)

There are some books you receive that you just can't put down. This was one of them. I've never liked book reviews that go on and on about the little details or break a book into a long, drawn-out metaphor. Cut to the chase. If I like it, I like it and I'll tell you about it! And this book?

I liked it.

Take a break and curl up with a cup of coffee and "Why Is My Mother Getting a Tattoo...." and you won't be sorry.


Don't forget the 2 giveaways listed below that end on Friday the 10th!

No comments:

Post a Comment